(as of Apr 08,2021 21:34:40 UTC – Details)
The most common cause of transmission in the workplace is when an infected person’s blood enters another person’s bloodstream through an open wound. The purpose of this training program is to instruct on ways to limit exposure to bloodborne pathogens. Preventing occupational exposures to blood or other potentially infectious materials can prevent occupational infections. The video is 16 minutes and addresses the major areas needed to comply with OSHA standards, including:
– Contents of the OSHA standard,
– Epidemiology & symptoms of bloodborne diseases,
– Modes by which bloodborne diseases are transmitted,
– The Exposure Control Plan,
– Personal Protective Equipment,
– Practices to prevent exposure,
– Signs, labels & containers,
– Emergency Procedures, and
– Follow-up Procedures.
Single disc contains the training video, Power Point Presentation and the following printable items: Outline (English & Spanish), Quiz (English & Spanish), Answer Key, Certificate, Wallet Cards, Sign-in Form, and Manual. Additional printable files may be present depending upon the subject matter.